The artwork comprises of the following:
1. 5 x small, matt white boxes (slightly bigger than a postcard), labelled with the following years: 2014, 2034, 2059, 2259 and 2509. The day and month of the sale of the artwork shall be added to the exterior of the box. This will then determine the exact day on which that box may be opened.
2. Inside each box are 3 postcards that depict the city in which the work was made. These postcards were selected and bought from local stores in 2009 by the artist. The same 3 different types of postcard must be in each of the 5 boxes.
3. Once the artwork has been sold, the boxes must be sealed with sealing wax.
4. Instructions for the occasion of the boxes being opened:
- The box may only be opened on the date provided on its cover by the current owner of the box.
- Once opened, the owner of the box must transcribe the first headline of the day in the first newspaper he/she reads onto the left hand section of the postcard where the message is usually written.
- The postcards must then be addressed and sent to the following people (with whatever means of postage is used at the time of the box’s opening):
I.) The head of the nearest school in the vicinity of where the owner of the box lives.
II.) The favourite artwork of the owner of the box.
III.) The owner of the box.
- The return address of the sender must be provided on all postcards.
5. The above instructions must be sealed inside the boxes along with the postcards. The certificate of authenticity for the work will also contain the instructions and may be available for exhibition purposes to display alongside the boxes, if they have been sealed/purchased prior to being displayed.
6. Each series of 5 x boxes is available for purchase as a whole. The buyer may then split them up/give them away as he/she sees fit.